Birth Center No Visitors Policy
AdventHealth Shawnee Mission has a temporary “No Visitors” policy at all Kansas City metro area facilities. This helps protect our patients and team members, prevent further spread of COVID-19 in our community and conserve our supplies. We encourage you to connect with your loved ones via calls, text, email, social media and video chat, and our team members are happy to help facilitate that when needed.
- No visitors will be permitted in the Birth Center except for one support person for labor, delivery and the duration of your hospital stay. You and your support person will receive a hospital band, which will serve as identification of your one guest for the duration of your stay.
- NICU visitation is limited to the two banded parents/caregivers only.
- Special circumstances including adoptions and surrogacy. Please alert your nurse if this is the case and arrangements will be made.
All patients and permitted visitors will be screened upon entering the hospital or clinic. Visitors who screen positive will not be allowed to enter. Patients who screen positive will be required to wear a mask.
- Do you currently have an unexplained cough, fever, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Have you had contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you travelled outside the Kansas City metro area in the last 14 days?
- We will also take your temperature, and a reading of greater than 100.4 ̊ will be considered a positive screening.
We have also reduced entrances to our hospital and some of our other locations. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we require everyone to undergo screening and state the nature of your visit. We understand this is an inconvenience and do not take these measures lightly. If you believe your visit is necessary, please state your reasoning to the screeners and they will confirm with our leadership team.